Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Constructing a Drill Bit for Water Well Drilling Using the Baptist Method

In Guatemala, 2 people dig wells in two or three days, depending on depth. I've seen it done. What is the daily wage in Zanzibar? If it's like Guatemala, people make $50.00 to $100.00 per month (50 cents to $1.00 per hour). I don't do anything to upset the "going rate." I do help with educational and medical expenses, but paid directly to the offices or with a receipt.

Take a look at this video: A basic step by step guide to constructing the drill bit used by agua:yaku's well drilling project. http://aguayaku.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvSL8_e5ls&feature=autoplay&list=PL787849ED3803F67A&index=63&playnext=1



~~~~~~~~

For 2011:

"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need do is set our sails."
~ Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa ~ Gospel of Ramakrishna


All sorrows can be borne if you tell a story about them.
~ Karen Blixen

Peace and justice are goals for man.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Where can I order ( buy ) a drill bit or similar like you making? I need one. Please give me know where can buy or order.
Thank you very much
My email : anmaymoi@yahoo.com
Peter

Catherine Todd said...

Sorry, I only have the information I reposted. Try a google search, and good luck!